Car Accident. Whos at fault?

JadeR

Nov 19, 2014
I was involved in an incident on Sunday where a car crashed into the side of my car. I was a passenger in the car that was hit.
My partner and I were in the car driving down a one way road in a housing estate a cars distance behind a car. The car slowed and pulled up outside a property, between 2 other parked vehicles. We continued driving at 15mph and at the moment we were passing the car that had previously pulled up, the car then swung the front of the car out, hitting the side of our car.
The damages to my car is a dented door and scratches from the front drivers side wheel arch across both drivers door and back door to the back wheel arch. The others car damage is scratches on the front passenger side bumper on the corner and a smashed light.
I was just wondering who would be at fault as the car intended to pull up to park and then at the last moment pulled out without any indication. The police were called out after the accident and insurance details were swapped.
We have contacted our insurance and made a non-fault claim and reported the incident and they said that the car was not insured with the company they gave us in their details. And then we were informed by our insurance that the car in question had not been reported to their insurance about the incident so we feel stuck between rock and a hard place.

Any help or advice would be great