• reply with advice

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • confirm similar situations

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

john 1947

Sep 10, 2013
I had my car serviced in May at the main Ford dealership , I have had it from new and its always been serviced at this dealership,they rang me to tell me that whilst trying to change the oil they had damaged the oil sump plug and broken the thread in the sump pan so the car needed a new oil sump pan at a cost of around £300 , they expected me to pay for this, I replied that as they had damaged the car during the service this repair should be at their cost
I should only be paying the price of the service it came in for. I sent an e-mail to the regional office of the dealership to this effect.The reply stated that the dealership principle would contact me whilst the car was still in the workshop
He did, and offered to pay for half of the costs of the repair I declined this as the repair was due entirely to the damage caused by his technicians, he finally said the best he could do was to supply the parts free and bill me for fitting
I was reminded that until all bills were paid that the car would not be released from the dealership so if I wanted the car back, repaired and serviced the next day I would have to agree to this final offer so I did but asked them to leave the broken parts in the boot when I collected the car
I paid for the service and the extra cost of the repair and collected the car
when I had the chance to inspect the damaged sump, it became obvious that I should not have been charged anything the sump plug had been damaged by bad workmanship the hexagonal nut at the end had been burred over and rounded off , bent at an angle from the thread, which had caused the internal thread to fracture I sent a letter to the dealership principle, recorded delivery
relating the above facts and requesting my money back I have had no reply
what should I do next ? I have all the documentation and photos of the part
that were included with the letter and the actual damaged sump
the additional amount I paid over and above the original cost of the service was £107 this is the amount I want refunding.

Witch consumer

Sep 8, 2008
Debtors retreat
I can't believe you paid them for damage they caused nor that they had the cheek to charge you! If they won't refund your money I think you should make a claim through the SCC!