Computer

Jandobbo58

Jun 23, 2016
My son bought a gaming computer about 2 years ago and it has stopped working so he took it back to nova tech to be checked and source the problem.
First they say it will take up to a week to find the problem then discuss what needs to be done. First it was the motherboard..250 quid. So he said fix it. Then they added in that he had to have a new processor or something because the old one wasn't compatible with the new motherboard. So he said carry on ad then they added in something else which eventually came to 500 quid so you begin to feel you are trapped into continuing. Now they have added in that they will have to replace the graphics card and the whole thing could take 30 days.
So...is it reasonable to expect that the computer which wasn't cheap should last longer than 2 yrs and that customer service and tech support is appalling but he feels trapped into paying up when it's done and who knows what else they will add in before they finish.
Does anyone have any suggestions as to how to deal with this problem

Miffed

Jun 28, 2016
Southampton
Hi,

I joined the forum yesterday. It just so happens that I have a very similar problem with Novatech, so I'm very interested in the responses to this post.

I'll soon be posting my issue but I'll be watching this one.