could this be a car scam

Dianne

Apr 27, 2015
Hi all new here so hope this is allowed. I was involved in a car accident a week ago and I get that the law says because I went into his path I am automatically at fault, but few things are bugging me. I will give brief description off what happened first of all, I was travelling up rather a long road wanting to take a right turn about a third the way up, I had notice road works at the side of this junction but could clearly see the road was not totally blocked off. I have indicated to turn right and not seen anything coming down the road (lots cars n vans parked on the right trees on the left). Next thing i no I have been hit on my passenger side with such force had the road works not been there i would been on my side. Now the driver of the van is basically saying it seems to him that I did not see these roadworks and i would have made the turn if they had not been there. I have a witness who was behind me (a driving instructor) and he says he can not confirm where this van came from. My argument is I should have seen a huge van as soon as I turned into the road well before I wanted to make a right turn, (generally aware of speeding cars up and down this road).
To me and I can not say for sure it was as if he came from behind the parked cars and was possibly speeding, He was involved in another accident 3 months ago which has also set alarm bells ringing. I have spent the last few days looking for advice but it just seems am automatically at fault regardless. Please help someone