Direct Debit taken for 1year

thisisit

Apr 10, 2014
hey

wondering if any1 would know where i stand. i moved to rented accom for a year and set up boardband with dd for 12months on the 11th month i contacted the provider by letter and telephone to cancel my contract as i would no longer be there in 4 weeks. was told everything would be cancelled.

moved home and alot of personal issues surround my life for the following year after losing my job money became tight and i checked and statement to realise DD where still been taken out 12 payment of £20 in total after i was informed it was cancelled.

the reason i never noticed it on my statements before was it never stated the providers name with the amount instead it would say mdr234567 amount £20
so i just didnt link the to until i check all my dd and payments i would make etc

when i rang the company they informed me it was my fault tuff you should check your statments and said they didnt recieve my cancellation letter.

my question is where do i stand can i get that money back or is it my fault for not seeing these payments before. i didnt everythin to cancell as per t&c