Essex Trading Standards no longer in duty

PatriciaMarchand

Jul 10, 2020
I asked help to citizen advice bureau after encountering problems with some builders. They referred me to trading standards, but got no news so trying to find out, this is the reply I received from trading standards in essex: <<all consumers requiring further support for consumer issues will be forwarded to PROVIDE for further assistance. You should have been advised by the Citizens Advice Consumer Service that this would happen, I am sorry if that did not happen. PROVIDE will then assist in obtaining any further guidance you may need, which in this case is likely to be the local Citizens Advice Bureau.>>
Provide is NHS part (sort of probably private hired by the public sector) and deal with 'change life style', what this has to do with builders is beyong my understanding. So watch out before spending less than 10000 pounds check all is ok because any problems and you will not get any help. This is for Essex, might different in other counties!
Less than 10000 because a solicitor costs around £250 per hour, so the cost of legal pursuit might outpast the price you paid; if you have spent 10000 or more you can take the matter to court yourself.