faulty computer - pc world

fuzz1979

Apr 8, 2014
advice please! - faulty computer - pc world - We brought a PC back in Dec 2012 and last year had to return it for repair 3 times with the same fault. PC world agreed each time the computer was faulty, sent it off for repair and various components were replaced. The fault is that it can not stay connected to the internet via cable or wireless or is unable to find any networks at all. All other units in house work perfectly. We have also moved in this time frame and fault is still present in the new location.
Finally resolved in Nov 2013 and now surprise surprise fault has returned. Guarantee ended Dec 2013 and repairs guarantee is 3 months. Store policy I have been told in store and on the phone is that if item has to be returned 4 times then you get a refund or replacement. However this is now not applicable as the guarantee has expired.
Advice please - in an ideal world I would like a replacement or refund as this is really not fit for purpose and has spent nearly 2 months with pc world being repaired over the course of 12 months.

Can anyone offer me advice on how to proceed as they are very tricky to deal with

ALewis

Nov 23, 2010
South Wales
Hi Fuzz,
I assume you meant warranty, but we'll overlook it anyway as you say it has expired.
Under Section 14 of the Sale of Goods Act 1979 (as amended), products which are not deemed to be of 'satisfactory quality' entitle the buyer to a refund, repair or replacement.

Now in your circumstance - you would be entitled to a partial refund (to account for the time youve had use of it), a repair (again) or a replacement should it make more economical sense to the seller - should the same model be unavailable, you can get one of similar specification.

You will still be entitled to a repair as normal under this provision.