Faulty Purchase

afraser

Jan 18, 2017
Help with online purchase
I take part in a sport called AIRSOFT for this sport we use replica guns which fire small plastic BB bullets.
I recently purchased a new gun from a well known reputable online company that I have dealt with before and never had an issue with.
After a lot of research I decided on a replica British army SA80 this decision was based on two glowing reviews on their website and also comment about the gun from the company also stating if they has five thumbs they would all be pointing up. there was no negatives relating to this gun.
I ordered the gun on 03/01/17
purchase delivered by 06/01/17
I used the gun on a skirmish on 08/01/17 and found the gun to be in operable on one of the settings also switching from one setting to another failed to work.
I called the company on the 09/01/17 to make them aware of the fault and asked them to rectify at this time they informed me this fault is common on this type of gun and make which made me even more frustrated as this was not mentioned in a previous reviews of company opinion.
they eventually they reluctantly agreed to take the gun back to test and repair if required they also said if no repair was done I would have to pay for carriage
both ways
the gun was collected on 10/01/17
I have spoke to them today and they've said the fault I have identified is common to this gun and their is no repair to rectify if I want this style of gun I have to except it doesn't work properly.
to this I've refused and asked for my money back which they have agreed at a reduced cost of 15% (restock charge) due to the gun being used once.
I feel that this is not acceptable and the gun was miss represented on their website would you think I have a case to request a full refund ?????

leechy27

Aug 22, 2017
who is responsible for selling defective goods is it the manufacture or the person you purchased it from , we keep being told that its nothing to do with them its all down to the manufacture . Any advice would be very helpful

Aron Brayn

Jan 17, 2022
Guns are also my passion and I often go to the polygon during free time to train my skills. However, night vision systems were recently hooked up to improve hunting. I hope someone shares some ideas.