Faulty Samsung Tablet bought from Amazon

Fu Manchu

Aug 14, 2014
Apologies if this has been covered before. Had a wee look but found nothing.

I purchased a Samsung Tablet from Amazon in March. It arrived, worked well and all was fine with the world until July when I could no longer power it up and subsequently, turn it on. After checking with the AMazon website, it was clear it was the manufacturers responsibility as it was under warranty.

I returned the tablet to the seller as instructed and, after hearing nothing after the recommended 4 week period, I made further contact. The result of which was a "new" tablet was dispatched. Here-in lies my problem. The tablet which was sent was clearly a used tablet with someone else's details and contact details on it. To be fair, it looks in good condition.

My question is this. Is it right that a faulty tablet only 3/4 months old is replaced with a used tablet? (not sure how old)

Is this classed as like for like and how secure does this sound considering the tablet has someone else's details? How do I know someone is not sitting with my old tablet with my details on it?

Hope that all makes sense. Many thanks for your time.

Ken

xendistar

May 10, 2013
You might want to read my post regarding Amazon, although I don't think it relates to your issue

Amazon Market Place issue with new tablet (the forum wont let me post a link)

Did they tell you they had send you a replacement tablet or did they just sent it to you. The reason being that could simply been a mistake and in then sending you somebody else tablet??

Personally, a 3\4 month old I would want a repair or a new tablet. I think you need to contact the seller and clarify if they intended to send you a replacement or if sending a used tablet was a mistake.