Faulty tablet from argos, they want the box after 7 months

ankibananki

Aug 29, 2015
Hi. I'm hoping I can get some advice on here.
I have bought a tablet for my daughter in Argos in November 2014. Recently it had stopped working. It doesn't switch on at all. I took it back to Argos. it was still within a warranty. Last year I had a problem with other tablet from Sainsbury's, that one stopped taking charge and Sainsbury's refunded the money as they don't do repairs. I went to Argos and bought this tablet as a replacement. I thought they would offer the replacement and I have already chosen the one I wanted, on sale at the same price that the faulty one. I was very disappointed when I was told it had to be sent off for repairs, but I agreed . After 8 days I had a phone call from repair company saying they couldn't fix it and it has to be sent off to the manufacturer and they need a serial number off the box. It has been almost 10 months since purchase and I can't find it anywhere. I told them surely they couldn't expect me to keep the box of each item I buy for over a year, in case it breaks down. They said usually there should have been a sticker with serial number on tablet but it must have came off and they needed this number off the box otherwise they can't send it off and there will be no warranty. The tablet is well looked after and is always in the case. I have no idea how the sticker came off and it seems i am responsible for stickers and adhesive as well as the box.
To be honest, I am very angry. My daughter asks daily when is she going to get her tablet back. Is there anything I can do?
I've got the receipt but it doesn't seem to be enough.
Thanks in advice for all the advice