Former burglars say barking dogs and CCTV are best deterrent

Tony

What Consumer Founder
Apr 7, 2008
Bolton
Guardian Consumer Affairs
Ex-criminals tell Co-op Insurance most thieves are opportunists who tend to avoid difficult break-insBurglars are most likely to be put off breaking into homes by CCTV cameras and barking dogs, according to a panel of former criminals.Nearly half of the 12 former burglars consulted by Co-op...
Former burglars say barking dogs and CCTV are best deterrent (external link to Guardian Consumer Affairs)

xosta

Nov 24, 2021
Wasn't that obvious? That's why many people even install fake surveillance cameras, and they actually protect them.

YAPPI

Sep 2, 2021
I've heard about people installing fake surveillance cameras on their houses, but I think getting real ones makes more sense. I mean, professionals can understand whether the camera is fake or not, especially if they're planning an intrusion for a while, or just if something bad is gonna happen, you won't be able to check it and figure out who's guilty. I have a few detectors from Ajax systems in my house, and two cameras installed, and I can tell you that it actually makes me sleep like a baby at night.