Franking company rip off

Jules100

Jan 23, 2013
Hi,
Can anyone help me? I've just been done like a kipper by FP Mailing. Why is it that anything to do with franking is fraught with hassle and stress? I was in a rental agreement with FP mailing for their Mymail machine, on a plus contract which included all ink supplies. As this contract was coming up for renewal I was contacted by one of their sales people, wanting me to upgrade to a bigger machine as the volumes I was doing were quite high. Now, I've been using franking machines for the past 3 years and I still don't know all the special secret ways of dealing with things that they have. Long story short, he promised me to include all ink supplies with the Optimail 30 he'd just persuaded me to take. When it came to ordering new ink, I did it through the normal website channells and was charged full whack for it, and was very lengthy process to get any of it refunded. He claimed if I wanted ink I had to go through him, which I didn't like and felt uncomfortable with. I knew it felt dodgy at the time. Anyway, have just had a nightmare xmas, running out of ink with hundreds of orders needing shipping. I have been e-mailing him since November 2012 with increasing hysteria, but have just been ignored. Same happens when I phone. It's always lost in the post, e-mails weren't getting there apparently, even though his address was the same. He ended up putting the phone down on me yesterday which is unbelievable. Ended up having to buy my own ink as we had run out. I have been exceedingly patient regarding this matter but have come to the end of my tether now. Have informed head office today and with much passing of the buck got an answer out of them saying that as I had nothing in writing stating that ink supplies were included that basically, tough, no more ink. I am apoplectic with rage. Their salesman contacted me and lied through his teeth and theres nothing I can do. The little git even sent me the contract to sign with the term left blank, and the agreement they've got filed at head office states 60 months!! Why do big companies who pride themselves on 'customer satisfaction' end up screwing the small businesses who are just trying to stay afloat? Please can somebody help?
Sorry for going on a bit, but been having sleepless nights about this and feel physically sick about it.

Witch consumer

Sep 8, 2008
Debtors retreat
Sorry but we know quite a lot about consumer contracts but struggle a bit onb2b contracts, if you have a copy of the contract that is different from theirs then you obviously have a case for cancellation, not sure where you go for recompense tho? SCC?

jilloscorner

Apr 7, 2014
Re:FP mailing Franking company rip off

I've just experienced my own share of lies and deceit from FP mailing. I first heard about them through a franking machine comparison company who got various franking machine companies to send me quotes. They all gave me their quotes and FP's was the most expensive so I decided to go with one other company but Steven Morris the sales guy from FP called back and said he'd just spoken to his boss and they have decided to give me 5months free rental within which I could also return the machine if I dont think its good for my business. I was happy with that and accepted. The happiness didnt last very long though.

Coming up to a month, I realised business was going down so I quickly emailed Steven about returning the machine. I got no reply back. I waited a week and called. He told me head office would call me back. I waited 2 more weeks. No call from head office so I sent another email. Still no answer. The funny thing is, when he was chasing me to sign the contract, he would reply to my emails within minutes. Anyway, I started smelling a fish so I decided to call their head office myself. I was told to email retentions which I did.

The retentions team replied to me saying they have no trial periods on their machines whatsoever and that there're no notes on my account to support my claim so the full term would stand. I'm in complete tatters and frustration is eating me up. What do I do?

Keith Chester

May 5, 2015
I too obtained a franking machine from FP Mailing 3 years ago.
The machine was not maintained and became obsolete. I was sent a one page for to sign when we contracted.
Cancelled the contract with one months notice in March 2015, the anniversary, and FP Mailing attempted to say that as I had had not given notice 3 months before the anniversary it automatically rolled over and I had to pay for another year.

This was never a contract term yet they try bully boy tactics to try and enforce it. Shocking company to deal with and their sharp practice is incredible in this day and age. I am surrpised that they remain in business, probably because people are unaware of how the behave, so this is my attempt to raise awareness. Steer clear of this company.

They attempt to say that as my signature is underneath a line saying"you accept our terms & conditions" that they can impose any they like. However, unless terms are disclosed and clearly stated at contract then they cannot be added afterwards. That line could as easily only refer to the contact of the one document signed, which has no other terms disclosed whatsoever.