Have you been the victim of Cyber Attacks?

trickygj

May 31, 2010
Cheshire
www.richardgjohnson.co.uk
I personally have and still am under attack from a notorious cyber 'bully' who stops at nothing to discredit his opponents. The reason? I exposed him as a conman and ripoff merchant.

The attacks are so severe that I am in talks with my lawyers to obtain a court order so the person can be named and a civil action started for substantial damages and an injunction.

I wondered if anyone else has been subject to 'cyber bullying/attacks'.

I think something has to change to make it easier to stop these cowardly people who attack behind the veil of the internet.

ALewis

Nov 23, 2010
South Wales
What sort of cyber attacks are being carried out? And by what method?
And do you mean similar bullying to the term 'trolling'?

And. Who's your email provider? (odd question I know...)

trickygj

May 31, 2010
Cheshire
Domain names purchased incorporating my name and websites set up with defamatory and malicious falsehood statements.

Further attacks have been instigated on twitter, by contacting numerous twitter accounts and directing them to anonymous Wordpress sites.

I have managed to have various domains taken down by UK ISP's but the new domains are on Wordpress and they will only intervene on receipt of a court order.

Wordpress have removed about 4-5 blogs due to the person using my name but the fail to realise that this person is a habitual offender of the their T&C's and ban him completely. Twitter likewise.

Such statements have included that I have CCJ's to the value of £29k and criminal convictions for burglary and shoplifting. It goes on!

The thing is I know who it is. I exposed him as a habitual rogue trader who has ripped of businesses and consumers and now he has one almighty grudge.

My mail provider is Plusnet.

ALewis

Nov 23, 2010
South Wales
Hmm well like you say, Wordpress is a hard one to kick,
Does this person ever email you on your plusnet account?
Does the person even know your email address?

And also have you got the ability to trap the person? Ie can the person see your status'/tweets/actions online at all? (As in, you can say something, and he'd make mention about it/use it against you?)

Forgot to add: go to your inbox on plusnet, choose any email to view, does it give you the option to view a HTML copy of the email? May be labelled simply 'advanced view'?

trickygj

May 31, 2010
Cheshire
I agree it certainly isn't too easy.

I have perhaps 50 plus emails from this guy who has let me know exactly what he is doing/going to do.

His MO is this.

He buys a domain name (he has maybe 150+domains).

He registers the domains in the name of other people but sometimes himself and sometimes with privacy protection.

He emails me from different domains and from his legitimate company domain.

One such domain is Richard G Johnson, Building Disputes and project management In Cheshire,. I had this taken down at one point because the ISP agreed it was defamatory. He is now using it once again to capture searches for my legitimate business and divert the searches to his website and competing businesses.

He knows that if he uses a UK based ISP and defames me, I will get the site taken down so he makes sure he does not.

I have requested he takes down a particulary defaming wordpress account which claims I have criminal convictions etc. and his reply was 'I know nothing'.

He follows my tweets and regularly copies and pastes my Richard G Johnson Building Dispute Services website onto worpress and then adds his own comments.

He is more than likely reading this. He spends an enormous amount of time following me. He clearly has nothing better to do.

He has referred to 'taking the blog down' which implicates him in the having control over it but he does not say which one it is.

Regarding Plusnet, do you mean the Plusnet webmail. I use Outlook and my emails are all diverted to that?

Thanks