Help please. Re faulty shoes.

Morticia

Apr 13, 2016
I'm new so hope I'm posting correctly. I purchased a very good quality pair of shoes for my little girl at just under £50 from my local I dependant children's shoe shop. He measured her feet for size and width too. The shoes themselves well one is fine good condition no problems but the other has pulled away from the sole with a large gaping hole. The shoes are 6 months old. I also have had her feet sized again by another retailer and she is still the same size and width. The shop owner firstly informed me that as the shoes are French he has to send back to see if they would replace as not up to him!! No mention of anything else. I said it shouldn't have happened as worn intermidedly with other shoes and the other is fine. He said not up to him, took a copy of my receipt and said would phone me. 3 weeks later After me phoning back he then emailed me to say they won't replace as wear and tear. I explained not a hoke in the bottom but pulled away from the side and these were v good quality shoes he sold and this should not have happened on one of them. I Said checked then consumer rights act and put it to him that he was responsible not the manufacturer. He then turned tale and said he new he was responsible and said its still wear and tear. I asked why did he not inform me of this 3 weeks ago when stood in front of him and that hoping to get money back from manufacturer first before replacing. No reply to that he said all he will offer me is£10 off a new pair. I saved hard to buy her these v good shoes. Although 6 months old I can provide the shoes to show not abused and in v good condition just one pulled away from the sole. He said he's not interested and nothing to do with him as the get out 'wear and tear' phrase seems to be what he is standing by. I'm so upset I could have bought cheap shoes from the supermarket and had better customer service. I saved hard to get correctly fitted good quality shoes for my little girl and he won't repair or replace. Can anyone please help me of were or what I do next I feel so deflated and upset and the shoes are still ok but have a hole if one side where the glue had come away. Nothing else wrong with them. Please give me some advice on how to proceed thanks

adamlazell

Nov 28, 2016
Suffolk
www.theverybusybees.co.uk
This is a very unfortunate situation that you have found yourself in and has come about generally because of the modern world we live in.Especially footwear it seems.
I'm sure you have heard it before that nothing is made like it used to be .You have to search for a new manufacturer or retailer you trust by simply using the item first.You may be unlucky and buy 10 pairs of shoes from different manufacturers or retailers before you come across one that actually stands up to the wear & tear you need.Children's shoes are notoriously badly made by most,fact.
As for the 6 month period you speak about ,as you may have worked out by now ,that most children's shoes won't last that long nowadays & so it is extremely unlikely you will get any joy from the retailer.
Supermarkets as you say ,you can get cheap shoes and Clark’s for instance are a lot dearer.The difference is not so much in the shoe ....the money you pay is for the fitting,customer service ,etc.
You need to find a retailer that values YOU as a customer that will come back to them time & time again and so then they wouldn't want to sell you a pair of shoes that they know you would not get a lot of wear from.There are retailers out there like this (not many mind),you just have to find them.!!
Good luck ,word of caution though it doesn't always depend on price.Be careful buying.