help with eBay US seller

animagician

Apr 16, 2014
I bought something from eBay in December, and I thought I was happy.

it was a bronzed wolf statue... months later (far too long to get eBay's 45 day money back policy) and my "bronzed" statue is chipping so I got in touch with the seller who was quite rude about it. I got in touch with eBay and although there was nothing they could do they directed me to trading standards. Trading Standards claim because the US isn't part of the EU there is nothing they can do about it, so now I'm out of pocket with a decaying statue and need some advice on where I can go that will help get me some justice.

BobbyNash

Dec 14, 2014
Honestly, in this particular situation it sounds like you might be in trouble. Because there is no legal standing here, it might be difficult to ever get the money back. You could try small claims court in the US, but I doubt that it would be worth the cost to do so.

anniemc8

Jan 16, 2015
I am sorry to hear you have had such a frustrating time - I can relate as I had a similar problem - please do update this thread with any answers you get! Thanks

Folkys86Kevin

Jan 15, 2016
Like others say, being outside the EU could make this a very tricky one. Of course, I really do hope this gets sorted for you though.