I have been ripped off

louisa65

Sep 26, 2014
Hi I joined this forum to see what I can do against Theherbalist. They seem to be a small company who own a small shop in CMK. I went in there as I have severe pain from arthritis, a skin affliction, underactive thyroid, lymphodema etc. The people were so friendly and said they could help. The owner was sure he could help me and said permanent courses were the way to go as the other ones would only help temporary. Like a mug I fell for it and paid 1950 by credit card. For the first few weeks all was well, then the Herbal tonic became more vile tasting and smelling, the acupressure painful, and the acupuncture didn't have any effect. On the 7th session the pain was extreme and my lungs felt like they were on fire, the pain was unbearable, but following the acupressure the needles were put in for the acupuncture and I was left alone for ages. I had told the Chinese doctor I was in pain and again afterwards, he must have seen as he gave me a warm towel. One of the needles was placed in my hand near my thumb/finger and I screamed as the pain was intense and the doctor apologised, moving it to another site. (I am still in pain from that needle and the pain radiates up my arm) The owner was told about the pain also. I wrote them a letter sent by recorded delivery cancelling future sessions and the P.A. phoned me telling me I would have to go in and talk to the owner which I did today. I asked my daughter to record the conversation. The owner refused to give me a refund and referred me to the bottom of the price list paperwork I had been given. When I quoted the Supply of goods and service act of 1982 he tried to give me a print out of the cancellation terms, of course I then refused to take it as he had not done that at the time of booking treatment. He still insisted he didn't have to give me a refund and I told him I would see him in court but surely there is another way, without me going back there to be told the same?