LA-Z-BOY Warranty worthless!

darren40

Feb 6, 2021
I have just paid £60 for technician to come and look at original fault that the first technician said needed a new part but then just decided to tighten and twist the frame and left it like that. The issue was that the seat clunked loudly every time you sat on it and it seemed to give way in the corner of the frame. Yesterday this other technician tipped the chair over and there was a bolt on the floor. He placed it on my table and pretended it didn’t exist. He sat on the seat and said ‘this is a rickety thing’ and heard the clunking sound it has made from new and the chair dropping in the corner of where the clunking comes from. Homeserve are the company sending technicians and all they want to do is say’ not a manufacturers fault’ and it’s within the tolerances!!!! Are you serious, you don’t pay thousands for a la-z-boy for it to clunk and collapse in the corner and accept ‘it’s within the tolerances’. Today I looked at the chair myself and found where the bolt was from, one half of a support bracket was not attached, I put the bolt back it and the chair feels less ‘rickety’ but the clunking is there every time you sit on the chair. What did I pay £60 for? A technician who couldn’t be bothered to see where a bolt on the floor came from and couldn’t be bothered to fix the clunking or even try and identify why it was clunking??? The LA-Z-BOY warranty is worthless, in fact you’ll be out of pocket trying to have a fault recitified. Stay away from SCS, Homeserve and LA-Z-BOY!!!! Terrible!!!