legalized robbery by big banks

marko777

Jul 14, 2013
had my mortgage offer withdrawn AFTER EXCHANGE OF CONTRACTS, lost my deposit & thousands in fees/surveys, was never given a specific reason as to why, just a clause that says that IF the lender thinks the information on the form is incorrect they can withdraw the offer . hmmm, so i had a birthday between my initial application & receiving the offer, does that now mean as my age had changed ,they are allowed to rob me of tens of thousands of pounds, :confused:
anyone had an offer withdrawn after exchange? any idea about possible breaches of contract? any feedback would be great,

Last edited:

marko777

Jul 14, 2013
It was with the ombudsman for 16 months, & they found in favour of the building society,
Unbelievable really, but then again, they all share the same trough...
IF, seems to be the key word here, there wasnt anything wrong with the application, & before an offer is made there are loads of checks/ references made & nobody ever said there was a problem .

Witch consumer

Sep 8, 2008
Debtors retreat
I have used the ombudsman service on several occasions and have always received a thorough explanation of their findings, whether in my favour or not and I agree with you, it is unbelievable that a mortgage offer can be pulled at such a late stage on the basis they think there might be inaccuracies on the application.