Lens Repair Service - Lens is not fully repaired

Implicit

Apr 19, 2012
I recently (Feb2012) damaged one of my lenses to my Nikon D7000 by dropping it. The camera is fine, but lens was stuck at the beginning of its focal range (I couldn't zoom in). I went to the Camera Clinic in Oxford street as I thought this would be a quicker service than sending it to the manufacturer across Europe.

2 months later I get the lens back (they said it would take 2 weeks...) and its not how it was when I first bought it. First of all, yes I can zoom in, but with GREAT difficulty and with inconsistent resistance through out (the first part of the zoom will be incredibly stiff, the next part won't be as stiff, but still more than usual). And the second thing is that the aperture has stopped working. This is the most important part of the lens, it determines how bright the photo is and the depth of field. I did test the lens before I gave it to them to repair, and everything did seem fine apart from the zoom, but I have no way to prove this.

What I want to know is if I can get a refund from this service?

Thanks,
Greg

Implicit

Apr 19, 2012
I just found this interesting read as well

wwwDOTmoneysavingexpertDOTcom/shopping/consumer-rights-refunds-exchange#services
(Replace the DOT with a . I cant post links with under 10 posts)

Quite simply, it demands that any service provided in England, Wales and Northern Ireland (common law in Scotland has similar effect), should be carried out with …

Reasonable care & skill,
Within a reasonable time &
At a reasonable cost

Witch consumer

Sep 8, 2008
Debtors retreat
Have you been back in touch with them to notify them the repair isn't up to scratch because you really need to do this a quickly as possible to mitigate the risk of them blaming you for causing further damage!

Of course the repair should be just that, phone them and ask them for a resolution, you need to give them this opportunity first.

Let us know how you get on.

Implicit

Apr 19, 2012
Have you been back in touch with them to notify them the repair isn't up to scratch because you really need to do this a quickly as possible to mitigate the risk of them blaming you for causing further damage!

Of course the repair should be just that, phone them and ask them for a resolution, you need to give them this opportunity first.

Let us know how you get on.
Alright thanks, I'll give them a call today. The only reason I asked here first is because I'm pretty sure they are not going to accept it straight away, and wanted some knowledge on the matter to back me up. I'll keep you informed

Implicit

Apr 19, 2012
I just had a word with them, and they said they are going to have another look at it again to try and fix it. I'll report back on if it has been fixed or not and at what cost

Implicit

Apr 19, 2012
I went to their store today and they took back my lens agreeing to fix the problems. I asked them if I could get a refund, but they said they don't do refunds, is this allowed?