Lost VERY expensive Fleetwood Mac tickets - is there ANYTHING I can do?

heidiann

May 21, 2015
Hi

A few weeks ago, I purchased 2 Fleetwood Mac tickets for a show in London's O2 which came to about £270.

The tickets were delivered to me, but after a very stressful week following news of the death of a friend, I realised I had misplaced them. I'm struggling to remember how or where I could have done so (absent-mindedness is not in my character but needless to say my mind was elsewhere that week) I believe they could have been mixed up with a rubbish pile or dropped on the street somewhere...and despite searching and calling all possible locations, I have not found them.

I am now desperate to know if there is ANYTHING at all I can do to retrieve them, be issued an eTicket instead (which was one of the options the vendor offered when I purchased them) or in worst case, be issued a refund.

I purchased them through a company called GetMeIn which is associated with Ticketmaster. When I called them, they were not helpful at all. I also called Ticketmaster, however as they are a completely separate entity, they were not able to help.

I do realise that there are often disclaimers which absolve the vendor from responsibility in the event of lost / stolen tickets but I'm wondering if anyone here has experienced some similar or can chime in on the issue?

I'm beyond gutted as I purchased these as a gift for my boyfriend and of course, £270 is quite a lot of money to lose without at least doing all I can to reach a resolution.

I'm desperate, so any help / advice would be truly appreciated!