Made.com third party hell

traveladdict

May 21, 2016
Beware of Made.com. I've had a terrible experience with my Hugo Sofa Bed. After less than 18 months the rear of the right facing arm collapsed whilst I was arising from the sofa.

Made.com sent out FIRA who have clearly go it all stitched up for them. FIRA reported, "The area that has collapsed on arm is on an area where customers arm/elbow does not rest or need to be placed to get out of item." The FIRA report suggested the damage occurred through other means. Even after evidence that the report is factually incorrect, Made.com have continued to stand by FIRAs report claiming that FIRA is independent and impartial and offered a small payment to cover the damage rather than fix the affected furniture, not satisfactory. I have an email chain with Tracy at Made.com where she refused to listen to my concerns about FIRA. FIRA have not answered my complaint made directly to them.

Prior to declining Made.com's offer they sent us the details of yet another third party, the Furniture Ombudsman, saying that their offer was all they could do and wouldn't act any further until we made a claim with them. They clearly knew I wouldn't accept their offer.

Now I have an 18 month old faulty Hugo Sofa bed with a collapsed arm which is potentially unsafe. So if your furniture is faulty don't expect anything from Made.com, expect to be passed from pillar to post via third parties in search of their excuse not to resolve the issue hoping that you will finally give up.

ruletheworld

Aug 20, 2016
UK
Oh wow, really. I thought they got good quality furniture by looking at its price. Probably will stick to by from more reliable sources.