Mobile Insurance

JordyE123

Jul 4, 2015
Firstly, new forum user here so hello there :)

Now to the problem at hand, I lost my phone yesterday and today I rang up to get a replacement on my insurance with the mobile provider EE. Upon ringing I was informed that I do not hold an insurance policy with them and crucially that I never have done.

I thought this was a bit odd because I distinctly remember the salesperson in the EE shop telling me that I was in fact paying for insurance and so, rather than arguing on the phone with the customer services guy on the phone I went to consult my copy of the original contract that I signed and lo and behold that contract states that I had in fact chosen the "full cover" insurance.

I then got back in touch with the customer services people and informed them of this and they told me that there was still nothing that they could do.

So, what options do I have here? Am I to be stuck paying around £50 per month for a phone that I no longer have?

jimbotech

Oct 13, 2015
Keep on at them. You have the proof so why should you back down? Personally I get all of my phones second-hand now and get a cheap monthly sim. Much better that way. All smartphones of the past few years are pretty damn good.

mbkimberley

Dec 21, 2015
Shepshed UK
Firstly, new forum user here so hello there :)

Now to the problem at hand, I lost my phone yesterday and today I rang up to get a replacement on my insurance with the mobile provider EE. Upon ringing I was informed that I do not hold an insurance policy with them and crucially that I never have done.

I thought this was a bit odd because I distinctly remember the salesperson in the EE shop telling me that I was in fact paying for insurance and so, rather than arguing on the phone with the customer services guy on the phone I went to consult my copy of the original contract that I signed and lo and behold that contract states that I had in fact chosen the "full cover" insurance.

I then got back in touch with the customer services people and informed them of this and they told me that there was still nothing that they could do.

So, what options do I have here? Am I to be stuck paying around £50 per month for a phone that I no longer have?
I would go into the actual shop with the evidence of having insurance. If you are really stuck you could change your tariff down to the very cheapest line rental and get a second contract or a new one elsewhere. The alternative is to buy a SIM free phone, there are plenty around and these are not too expensive. Have a look at things like the Moto G, Microsoft Lumia 550 with Windows 10