Multiple Faulty Products

Panna

Nov 5, 2015
I purchased a feather duvet online 2 years ago, within a year I returned it as the feathers were coming out. The company replaced it with the same type. The same thing happened with the second duvet and I returned it a year later. It has been sent back to the manufacturer who has deemed it faulty and they are offering another replacement of the same or different type of duvet. I don't want to deal with this company anymore, is it within my rights to demand a refund? I have proof of purchase.

ALewis

Nov 23, 2010
South Wales
Hi Panna,
You would be entitled to a refund, however it would be a partial refund at that. The value would be determined by means of negotiations between yourself and the company in question taking into consideration any terms implied or not with regards to the quality of the product, the length of time you've had the product and the reasonable use such a product you would have expected to get out of it. For example - the duvet comes with a 5 year guarantee of quality, you managed to achieve one year, implying you could anticipate 80% refund. However 80% would not be what you get, as you have to account for things such as devaluation, general wear and tear and the like. I would predict in my scenario above a partial refund of somewhere in the region of 50%, but like I say this amount would be negotiated by the two of you and deendant on any claims made about the durability / quality etc.
Hope this helps