Northridge Cars - My (poor) experience

MartinTheobald

Nov 21, 2012
I just wished to share with yourselves my recent customer experience with Northridge Cars. Having purchased a Mazda 6 from Northridge Cars in Milton Keynes 3 months ago (56 reg, £6k), I have recently had to spend £370 on replacement brake pads & discs as well as two new tyres. I have put approximately 2,000 miles on the car myself.

I spoke with their salesman yesterday, who invited me to the garage to show him the faulty parts. Having took them up on the offer, I was greeted by Andy who took me to the workshop to look at the parts. The customer experience of my time discussing this is nothing short of appalling. Andy spent the best part of 20 minutes justifying why everything that was wrong with the car was anyone but Northidge Cars fault, and that it is all indpendently checked. I was told that the problem with the brakes is a sticky caliper or piston (which backed up the view of the garage who did the work) and yet I was also told that it was the Northridge Cars mechanic who had fitted both the disk & pads. Yet, it was not their fault as "these things happen with cars". I agree, they probably do happen with cars when they are worked on poorly.

My view of Northridge Cars is one that simply backs up the common theory of used car salesmen. Andy was brash and aggressive in his views, and took the effort to swear at me twice during conversation. I am not sure whether this is a commonly encourage method of customer service deployed by the company. If it is, I commend them on their contemporary use of the English language to a customer who is already in a position that they are unhappy with the service. By the end of the conversation it was evident this was clear that Andy as the face of Northridge Cars was reticent to take any responsibility for a product that the company was happy for me to take off the forecourt a small number of months ago. Tip top customer services, well done.

MAC

Dec 12, 2012
How surprising!

I have just bought a car from Northridge Cars and thought that the sales person was very helpful and provided brilliant customer service. I’ve had my car for over three months now and when I did have an issue it was resolved quickly and with no fuss.

I have already recommended to my friends and family! :)

Witch consumer

Sep 8, 2008
Debtors retreat
Sorry but have to take complimentary posts from people who register just to post them with a little pinch of salt, why would you search a consumer complaints forum for a company you didn't have a problem with? ;)

ALewis

Nov 23, 2010
South Wales
Sorry but have to take complimentary posts from people who register just to post them with a little pinch of salt, why would you search a consumer complaints forum for a company you didn't have a problem with? ;)
I often search for complaints with argos & PcWorld because I've always had brill experiences and love them both so much so that ill happily make an account to give my great first hand experience...

Oh wait... something's not right. Lol