not sure how to procede

angus lady

Jun 9, 2014
I recently damaged my 3 seater sofa by marking it with cream I was using for psyriasis on my arm,i phoned my insurance company and they sent out an assessor who recommended a restoration company who would be coming to restore it. A few weeks later 2 men arrived to check damage so they could match paint colour etc. The following week they came and did the job ,I was out in the greenhouse while they were working as I have 2 dogs and didn't want them being bothersome they came and got me when they were finished to check what they had done. As an act of good will they also lightly sprayed my 2 seater and footstool as they had a little paint left over .I thanked them for doing that and thought it was very nice of them ,I did however have a problem with the 3 seater I could still see original marks shining through ,I mentioned it to them and they said they would indicate on receipt to insurance company that I was unhappy with job and that insurance company would contact me in 7 days or less. 14 days later I phoned them as I had major problems with all three pieces of furniture being badly marked . The lady I spoke to investigated and got back to me saying her receipt said job sucsessfull
the assesors been back and is happy that all three pieces are now damaged, they want to let the same company come back and fix it ,fair enough the three seater as it was damaged but do I have to let them touch the rest ,I want it replaced they will have had to remove manufacturers coating etc before they painted it so it wont be back to the way it was before they started ,Is it worth a letter to the financial omnbudsmen
your ideas would be greatly received
angus lady