On-line grocery shopping PROBLEMS

MsR

Apr 7, 2013
Hello, I usually use Sainsbury's and usually find them very good! However, there have been instances (when I have simply been unable to get out & shop myself) when really relying on receiving a particular product. (Occasionally Sainsburys will add onto lists 'not in stock') However, on 2 recent occasions this had not been displayed and, therefore, on both these occasions, I did not receive what I really needed at the time.

I duly phoned to complain - office in Northern Ireland - have to say: very helpful, friendly, staff - but my main 'bugbear' is my local store, who have consistently - even over the years - failed to stock up properly on 'everyday' food items. One good thing, however, is they give you a 1 hour 'delivery slot' so not too much waiting around for arrival! I have to say that on occasions when I can get to either local store, it is far too cold in there - even the poor till operators are cold - probably 'illegal working temperatures'!:confused:

I then decided to try ASDA! I got my 'basket' loaded, needing to 'copy' from a receipt my 'usuals' at Sainsbury's. I was unable to check out securely. I called their helpline - after, as advised on their site, to call & check with my Bank, which can take well over 3/4 of an hour pressing 'button this & that' speaking to someone 'unintelligible'! Outcome - all fine with Bank! Got back to Asda - person helping me said he would revise order for me & I received confirmation email I would get delivery 3-5 p.m. the other day! Nothing! Phoned up; 'manager unavailable - they would phone me back'! Phoned again then checked in my a/c - stated 'order cancelled' which it was NOT! Phoned to complain again; 'nothing could or would be done' & I duly said I wouldn't use them in future. They have lost a potential customer!:mad: (maybe it was just an 'off day' with 'technical problems' their end; yet I still have email confirming order! I may still take this up with them again.

In meantime, rapidly running out of groceries late in the day. Tried OCADO (have since read somewhat negative reviews about them) - this took a long time to do and was only at that time of day allowed up to an hour to complete/check order! I called their Customer Services - as I found that most of their products seemed to be Waitrose (nothing wrong with them, but just expensive') My 'end bill' seemed much higher than usual! So have opted not to use them.

I don't use TESCO (for ethical reasons I personally feel very strongly about: re. them selling under Hymalls, or similar, spelling - selling in CHINA live frogs, turtles etc. which are sawed, cut up, tortured alive! Being a member of the Tortoise Trust, I am boycotting Tescos anyway! Oh well - back to Sainsbury's - see how they cope this time! :mad:

I have read that Morrisons are due to launch online grocery shopping but not sure as to when - friends living near to a branch have recommended them. 'watch this space'!:)