Online order never arrived

rothbard

Oct 28, 2015
About a month ago I placed an online order for a mobile phone with a company (eGlobal UK) which ships its products from Hong Kong. The item was shipped shortly afterwards via DHL, but it never arrived. I contacted DHL, which carried out a search in its warehouses and confirmed that the item had been lost. I then wrote to the seller, asking them whether they would refund the purchase or send another item. Their reply was that they will not refund the item, since "I did not choose insured shipping", and they have raised a case with DHL.

Luckily, I paid for this order via PayPal, and if I don't receive the item I will claim a refund from them, however I would like to understand what my rights are under UK law. Do I understand correctly that only the seller is responsible for the delivery of the item? I can easily prove that the item never arrived, just by sharing the DHL tracking number.

Thanks in advance.

Folkys86Kevin

Jan 15, 2016
DHL is an expensive shipping option. They're a very good company and I'm almost certain their loss of your item is insured against. Especially with a valid tracking ID, you can prove the item never arrived too. Let me know what happens