Parcel Woes

smoo

Feb 25, 2015
Hi, I am looking for some advice.

I booked a 48 hr Yodel parcel delivery through Parcel Monkey two weeks ago and paid extra for £150 "Carriage Guarantee". The parcel was never delivered and I opened a claim. Despite my writing to the company several times, the only thing I ever heard back was that the parcel couldn't be traced, wasn't in any of the depots. The tracking information said that the parcel was collected and at a distribution centre.

I then decided to do some digging myself and discovered that the parcel was actually never collected. So I duly informed Parcel Monkey. They then offered to refund my original postage charge of £13 - and told me to rebook a new delivery.

Am I wrong to expect the company to pay for the parcel to be delivered? It is only £13 but feels like a real point of principle - it is 13 days since I booked this (insured) delivery in and it is still sitting there, having never been collected. Do I have any rights at all? Parcel Monkey were very quick to warn me not to try and get the £150 compensation out of them, as the parcel "isn't missing - we know where it is" but I feel that it is adding insult to injury to not offer to deliver the parcel for free - seeing as I was the one who tracked it down on their behalf. And part of me thinks "Carriage Guarantee" - doesn't that mean I was insured for the item to be delivered - and is all this nonsense about insurance being null and void because we know where it is just guff?

Any advice at all would be much appreciated. Is good customer service dead and buried?

smoo

Feb 25, 2015
Sorry, not sure if I've made myself clear in the post below.

Because Parcel Monkey have been so stubbornly unhelpful, I am wondering whether they are duty bound to deliver my parcel - as we had a contract in place. And also whether they are duty bound to refund my postage costs - as they have clearly broken the contract by not delivering. They have so far steadfastly refused to help at all, other than saying "rebook the delivery" and pay again - and this feels very unfair, seeing as they have taken two weeks to not deliver it.

Many thanks for advice.