Park Home problems

Dance2drop

Jan 5, 2017
This is with regard to owning a Park Home.

These are sometimes called "mobile homes" and they are bungalows solely for the over 45s and up. Our problems lie with our Site Management and the Company that deals with buying and selling of the said Park Homes. A long shot here, but hope somebody has had the same experiences.

If you own a Park Home and you have purchased it, you have to pay a "pitch fee". Where we live, it is approximately £162 per month.

Our gripe here is that Site Management, as we see it, do absolutely nothing to warrant this fee. It is a very untidy site, where lights have been knocked down and not replaced, despite contacting the Site Management team. These have been like this for a year or more. Nobody tidies up the site. You can never get hold of the Management Team. Emails, letters and phone calls are ignored and we are treated with contempt. There are too many things to report here about the dissatisfaction ourselves and other Park Home owners have. Stated below is just one complaint found on a Search Engine that about sums this company up.
-----------------------------------------
We bought a home from prestige, excellent company & wonderful homes,, we had our home sited at Millside Marina,Buckden Cambs. we loved the plot,right on the river, within the price was the decking, mooring, all promised would be done, that was in June 2015 it's now November 2015, we have no decking, no mooring,, hence we have missed the whole summer, our new patio furniture, is outside covered in leafs,,, thus us a joke firm, they just have people over & they don't care, my parents put £6000 deposit on a already sited home, unfortunately, due to unforeseen circumstances, my parents couldn't go ahead, that was in July, they still haven't got their deposit back

Any comments on the chance that anybody else has problems like these, we would love to see them. Thank you

leechy27

Aug 22, 2017
We bought a park home in 2014 and have had nothing but problems with it we had a survey done 3 weeks ago and as a result of that survey we have consulted a solicitor who has intensive knowledge of the park home law , since we had the survey done we have problems that are occurring daily, this park home company who I cant name as there is every chance that this will go to court has been to this home 17 times with the promise that we will get it right and instead have made the issues worse ,one big issues is that the have appeared to have used substandard insulation

Any one got any knowledge of Mg0 boards which what these park home manufacture are using well we have got them in our home and they are a disaster we now have damp patch in varies rooms the list is endless

May be this company have used a substandard supply of these Mg0 boards as well as the insulation

Ena Eastcroft

Jan 14, 2022
I have a Prestige Home in Deers Park. Park owners are Royale Life. We have so many issues with the management of the site and Prestige Homes that I have now gone to see if Trading Standards can assist. I am 72 and caring for my 93 year old father and all this is getting me down. Stressed out and seriously fed up