Rointe electric heating. Avoid at all costs

wild_g1@sky.com

May 19, 2014
We had all Rointe electric heating as well as a digital water heater fitted 2 years ago in our bungalow as there is no gas in the village.The water heater has broken down 3 times leaving us without hot water for 3 weeks this time.They do not vet their ' official ' installers so you could be getting any old cowboy.We could not persude our installer to pay a visit so we had no choice but have another plumber come ,which we have to pay .He told us it was a shoddy installation and did not even comply with safety requirements.Rointe refused to pay to fix the work which will cost me £200.
As well as poor after care their water heaters leak water from an overflow pipe for an hour every time someone has a bath (they say this is normal).Their heaters cost a fortune to run.We have a average quarterly bill of £1400 even after turning our heating to the minimum , this is in a 2 bedroom bungalow.
Avoid this company and its products if you are thinking going electric

jaytee-ren

Jan 22, 2017
Unfortunatley we read the Rointe website and believed their write up on what a wonderful product they were selling. We purchased a full system for a newly renovated house we wanted to resell, we had a new EPC carried out only for it to be at a lower level than the old broken Parkray system we took out, we queried this with the EPC engineer who ran the checks again and confirmed it was correct and the best way of increasing the EPC was to rip out the New Rointe system and fit either Storage heaters or have an oil fired system fitted. There is no gas available except LPG. So we had just spent thousands of pounds having this Rointe system to be fitted to be told it was classified as Panel heaters on the EPC. Rointe do not advertise that their systems are no better than a Panel heater or it can reduce the EPC, I think they should be made to make the general public aware of this so they know what they are buying. Hope this help with anyone thinking of purchasing Rointe heating products.

Nothappy 1

Apr 24, 2018
Unfortunatley we read the Rointe website and believed their write up on what a wonderful product they were selling. We purchased a full system for a newly renovated house we wanted to resell, we had a new EPC carried out only for it to be at a lower level than the old broken Parkray system we took out, we queried this with the EPC engineer who ran the checks again and confirmed it was correct and the best way of increasing the EPC was to rip out the New Rointe system and fit either Storage heaters or have an oil fired system fitted. There is no gas available except LPG. So we had just spent thousands of pounds having this Rointe system to be fitted to be told it was classified as Panel heaters on the EPC. Rointe do not advertise that their systems are no better than a Panel heater or it can reduce the EPC, I think they should be made to make the general public aware of this so they know what they are buying. Hope this help with anyone thinking of purchasing Rointe heating products.
My EPC was downgraded after i installed Rointe . I haven't had them long and now i have to rip them out and install Gas Central Heating.

I do think people should know about this .

Last edited: