Samsung/UPS issue

McBeardio

Oct 26, 2016
Just looking for some advice as I am getting no where with both Samsung AND UPS, contacted citizens advice but awaiting their reply.

>Wed 5th - I contacted Samsung due to a phone fault with charging - told UPS would be able to collect on Friday 7th from home address

>Thurs 6th - I contacted Samsung to change collection address as no one would be home and advised that I would like it to be collected from work address, which was confirmed (work phone so call is recorded)

>Friday 7th - UPS attempt to collect phone from home address, despite Samsung already confirming address change. No one was home so UPS left box with shipping label there.

>Monday 10th - Call UPS to collect phone from work address. They told me they'd collect it Tuesday.

>Tues 11th - UPS Collect phone from work address.

>Weds 12th - Call Samsung up to ensure phone will be re-delivered to work address and that they remove the Vodafone apps that were installed on the refurbished phone they had sent me from a previous repair. I was told it will be flash reset so will have no pre-installed apps on as I am a '3' customer and do not want any Vodafone apps on it. They also confirmed that it WILL be delivered to work address (phone call recorded)

>Thurs 13th - Samsung email to say that phone will be returned unrepaired due to water damage, without any help or advice on solution. (The fault was the charging port.. still using the phone by wireless charging instead so it's in perfect working order despite the port)

>Friday 14th - UPS attempt delivery to WRONG address (home) despite calling them up on Wednesday and confirming it would be redelivered back to work address. As no one was home they delivered it to a local UPS access point. (26 Main Road, Hextable)

>Sat 15th - Go to collect phone from UPS access point which is a corner shop; first of all I was told that they did NOT have my package so I contacted the number on the delivery note left by UPS which confirmed it had been received on Friday 14th at 4.30pm (approx) and signed for by 'Ajay'. After I told the shop this they then miraculoisly found my package and the box had been damaged, physically opened (rip seal broken), and phone removed from inner plastic film lying on top of the film with visible damage on the screen.

I took photos at the shop before signing for the delivery and taking home. I still have the damaged parcel, which is in the condition it was collected in.

Contacted UPS and Samsung to explain what had gone on and what they're going to do about it, nothing much back, UPS say they've opened a damaged item case and attempted to collect my phone on Monday 24th WITHOUT informing me, then attempt 2nd attempt yesterday even after emailing them after first attempt saying Not to send a driver.
My phone has 3 noticable scratches across the front of the screen, which went there when I sent my phone to Samsung (had screen protector on that they told me to remove). If Samsung had got the address change correct then my phone may never have ended up at this UPS point.
It's been 11 days since getting my phone back from the access point!!

Any advice on this situation?
Thank you
/Paul

Tony

What Consumer Founder
Apr 7, 2008
Bolton
I think you just need to sit tight for a while and see what UPS will do. I am sure they wil sort this out as they are insured for this kind of thing. It might take a while though.

Nellie

Mar 13, 2017
Hi,

I have a similar problem with Samsung. Just mine is more complicated as they damaged my phone and send it back without any notice and claiming that can't fix as guarantee does not covers any physical damage. The problem was 2 light lines on a screen, one pink another green, might be software, not sure.Asked in a 3 store what to do and I got advised to send to Samsung to fix it. Instead of fixing the problem they send a phone back with a massive crack on a right corner of the screen. I don't know whose fault it is, UPS or Samsung. Ups took photo before took the phone but they refusing to provide it to me. They saying that I need to contact the SAMSUNG ELECTRONICS UK LTD for the final resolution of the claim. They unable to provide claim information to a receiver or third party.
UPS has a photo of phone as the driver made a photo before wrapping up. Who damaged my phone so badly than?
I don't really know what to do anymore as Samsung Customer Service doesn't care about it. I sent many e-mails, letters but no results.
Please, let me know how did it go with your case.