SCS Leather Sofa Problems

Celes

Feb 10, 2020
I too am having a huge problem with SCS I ordered 2×2 leather sofas and when they were delivered they were damaged I told the delivery drivers immediately to take them back that they were faulty ie sagging seats and dents
I now believe I was tricked into signing the form they asked me to sign
When they asked me initially I obviously said I’m not signing anything as the sofas are faulty one driver said don’t worry you are solely signing to say we have brought the sofas to your address
I called the store and customer services immediately and was asked to send photos which I did
They then said it was because they were luonher
I disagreed and sent out an upholsterer who took one look and started stuffing the cushions and used a hot gun without telling me what he was going to do and without my permission Clearly if the sofas were not faulty he would not have needed to do this
He was supposed to come out to examine the sofas and take photographic evihence he didn’t even take photos
Last thing he said as he was leaving was “don’t put this in the report but if I were you I’d go to Laura Ashley” yet he went back to scs and told them the sofas were fine
Still not accepting this I contacted scs and again i was asked to send MORE photos only this time they told me the 2nd lot of photos weren’t clear
Strange that as both sets of photos were sent from the same camera using the same phone and in the some way
I have spoken to virtually every organisation under the sun including citizens advice C A B were no help at all they just told me to take it to ceurt
This has been going on since the sofas were delivered on July 14th and is so stressful
It’s with the financial ombudsman and ev’n they keep chopping and cnging what they’re saying
Scs is not even a member of the ombudsman so I had to go down the ikano bank route
As scs were offering 0% finance I decided to take advantage of it so scs and ikano bank are jointly responsible
I’m sick to death of being told I need to get an independent report at the cost of nearly 200
I don’t see why I should wh’n I told the drivers to take the sofas back and also called both the storend c s immediately to which the store manager s a record of
They surely are in breach of contract especially as it states in my terms and conditions UP TO 30 DAYS IF THE PRODUCT IS FAULTY YOU CAN REJECT IT AND GET A REFUND
I am well within the 30 days as I told them immediately and I’m very surprised the ombudsman has also said for me to get an independent upholsterer
How’ver I have told them I’m at a slight disadvantage as bcoz the upholsterer did what he wasn’t supposed to do if an independent upholsterer now comes out he will not get a clear picture of what the sofas looked like when they were delivered albeit there is still visible damage
SCS are the worst company I have ever had the misfortune to deal with
They are all a bunch of rogues. I now wish I’d never gone anywhere near that store

• Angry
Reactions: Tony

wandaruth

Jul 28, 2021
I'm very sorry that you had to go through this. It is always unpleasant to deal with such terrible and unprofessional companies. Could you solve the problem and get your money back?
I had a similar case when a furniture company brought me the wrong furniture that I ordered, and I had to file a complaint against them. Since garden furniture was not cheap, I decided to go on principle and spoil their already bad reputation.
Then I found another company - https://www.gardenfurniture.co.uk, where I ordered garden furniture.
It is essential to constantly defend your rights, even in the case of furniture companies.

Last edited: