second hand car faults

Feb 2, 2013
I purchased a second hand car back in August 2011. The car was 4 years old and I purchased it for £6000. within the first warranty period, which was a month, it started making a noise when I started it. Also the heater did not work. I took it back and was told nothing was wrong with the heater and the noise could not be heard. I took it back again, and they fixed the heater and said the noise was the mechanics working on the water pump but was not broken. A few months later the car started juddering really badly, so I had it checked at my garage, they could not diagnose it. I wrote to the garage I purchased it from and said I was not happy with it, they told me they would not do anything. About 6 months after this the alternator drive belt broke. When this happened I contacted citizens advice who advised to take legal action. since then they are still not willing to help so is it worth taking it to court, based on sales of good act? They also said even though I took my car to them within the waranty periodabout the noise, now it has passed they will not check it under the warranty, is this right? What should I do?

Witch consumer

Sep 8, 2008
Debtors retreat
I think youm need to get the problems diagnosed before you start court proceedings then weigh the cost of court action against repairs, it only cost £25 to start court proceedings and often companies crumble if you do, if they enter a defence it will cost you more, up to another £200 so only worth it if the repaiirs are more.