Sky!!!

Jul 18, 2012
Right.........I moved into a new property in Dec 11, after 3 yrs with virgin media and some pretty hefty bills averaging about £175 a month (partner from South Africa so calls home twice a month) we decided to give SKY a go. Now up until the beginning of this month everything was fine, until we hit a bit of a finacial hiccup. So on my best instincts I decided to cancel all our DD (direct debits) so it would give us some breathing space and slow things down a little. Most companys sent out letters and were more than helpful and understanding.....however SKY!!

On the 4th of July they generated a bill (which i never get because they are saving the planet) for £98.00. On the 6th all my services were cut off...assuming they must need paying, I contact them and pay the amount in full. I pay a month in advance for all this..just for your FYI.

Today, not even 12 days later, they have 'restricted' my services and proceed to tell me that my bill is in arreas of £0.22 and becuase i am contracted to pay them by DD, they will not provide them again until I re-set this DD back.

After many phone calls to Sky, talking to 'livechat' and sitting here totally frustrated....I am now in a postition where I would like to terminate this contract and leave. I only have 5 months left.

But my question is....can they do this to me, as I have paid for my services up to the 4th of August? What can I do to be heard my these people?:confused:

Witch consumer

Sep 8, 2008
Debtors retreat
Have you checked that you are contracted to pay by DD because as far as I know you cannot be force to pay by this method so you would have to have agreed to it at some point, if you are not, they are in breach of the contract by failing to provide services you are paying for so you can cancel the contract.

If it is actually written in to your contract that you will pay by DD then I'm afraid there's not much you can do but reinstate it.