SmallClaimsAssistance

Hi

I have recently set up a business intended to help people with contractual claims. I am a fully qualified lawyer and Commissioner for Oaths. I am a Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Legal Executives, and for 28 years I have worked as a litigator, for the vast majority of that time representing injured people against large companies and insurance companies. Immediately prior to starting Small Claims Assistance, I worked as a Partner in a firm of solicitors. I decided about a year ago to leave, as I had become disillusioned with both injury work and partnership.

After the Small Claims Limit was increased to £10,000, I decided that I wanted to use my qualifications and experience to help those who had to face the daunting prospect of court action on their own. Many solicitors offer only advice, but people need help. I wanted to offer assistance, and to do so for low fixed fees that would make access to justice in the Small Claims Court more affordable and accessible. I am also a registered and fully insured McKenzie Friend.

I have been using forums for decades, in various different fields (for 5 years, I was administrator of a flight simulation forum) and have always found them to be one of the best ways of learning (most of my modest but sufficient level of computer knowledge has been gathered from internet forums), and helping people.

I hope to be able both to help people here, and also get a better insight into current consumer issues.

Dean