Sold quad bike and after two weeks guy is complaining after using it.

Nicky Forsyth

Feb 12, 2013
Hello. I decided two sale my beloved quad bike. Guy contacted me privately after seen my quad bike on website. He stayed over 8 hours drive away, so we agreed that I would give him £250 off the asking price so he could arrange a man in a van to come collect it. Guy collected bike in his van! Quad bike was in a realy funny angle to fit in van! Guy emailed me saying that the guy had deliver bike to him. Now this been two weeks after him having the buy he has decided that the bike is not what was described in the advert. And that there is problems with the bike. What's every1s oppoins on this?

Witch consumer

Sep 8, 2008
Debtors retreat
What does he claim is wrong with it and why does he complain it's not as described. He saw the bike, I assume he test drove it, we need more info on his complaint if we are to offer you any help.

Nicky Forsyth

Feb 12, 2013
The guy just saw the quad bike on the Internet,he orginised for a courer van man to come collect it, he stays at the bottom of England and I stay up in scotland. Told the guy the engine needs serviced, he said ok I will do that, now two weeks later he is saying that he cannon get service bolts off, but once he told me that it was not even the right bolts he was trying to take off. He had never seen the bike or test drove it, now after messing about with the bike he says that there's problems, engine problems,wear and tear on bushes, this is all after two weeks of having the bike, this is an off road race bike,

Witch consumer

Sep 8, 2008
Debtors retreat
Well more fool him, take it there was an opportunity for a buyer to view it? If so its his own fault he bought something without seeing or testing it first, as long as your happy the description wasn't misleading then you can tell him to take a hike (or a ride)