talk talk

jackie1963

Nov 18, 2013
i have been with talk talk for a number of years, but this year has been my anus horribilus, ive suffered badly with depression and stress and was going to end it all but im on the mend now slowly, but amidst this tormoil i had reallly bad service from talk talk and while not being myself i telephoned them by using the direct inquiries service, i was also scammed at the same time via my computer, which i thought talk talk was involved, i still do not know if they were or not but when i received my bill from both my account and my mothers account, the amount that came out of my bank account was in excess of £300.00, i had gone over my overdraft and incurred charges and i had no money for food or petrol to get to work, however, i telephone talk talk and i explained everything about the scammers etc, and as a GOODWILL GESTURE they said they would refund my money, which they did, but then the saga escelated, they then wanted the money back and proceeded to cut me and my mothers fone lines off, leaving my mother without a fone, at 85 y.o. and then i rang the trading standards who told me to write to talk talk, which i did, and they could not be bothered to answer any of my letters, its now gone to the ombudsman now, but i have been having the CEO FROM talk talk fone me, they have sent out bailiffs letters and solicitors letters, i am at my wits end as to know what to do next.
should i speak with this guy from talk talk or let the ombudsman deal with it??
I would be grateful if anyone could help me.
stressed jackie :)

Witch consumer

Sep 8, 2008
Debtors retreat
From your post I think you have given them ample opportunity to solve your problems without the involvement of the ombudsman but have failed to do so, you also sound as if you could do without the hassle just now.

I have also been a victim of their appalling customer services in the past and continue getting demands for money I didn't owe them for years after I had cancelled my contract so to be honest, if I were you, I would let the ombudsman deal with it.

jackie1963

Nov 18, 2013
i have sent five recorded delivery letters. ive had no answers so far but now ive got the CEO of the company on my case. the original bill was over three hundred pounds but now they want over a thousand. i live alone i work as an auxillary in the nhs there is no way i can afford a thousand pounds for a fone bill. im stressed enough now ive started receiving debt collectors letters and solicitors letters. they also have added another telephone number to my bill. also adding mine and my mothers bill together wen they have seperate account numbers. ive given them copies of my bank statements of the mobey coming out then going back in again. trading standards believe they are in breach of contract cos they cut me off after the monies changing hands
thanks for listening i dont know how to handle this
stressed jackie

Witch consumer

Sep 8, 2008
Debtors retreat
I can't stress enough that debt collectors letters are nothing to worry about, I have been on forums like this one for 10 years now and have heard some horrendous stories about them but at the end of the day their only recourse is to take you to court and you would be surprised how rarely this happens. If you can be bothered write to them and tell them the account is in dispute and they must refer it back to their client, if they continue to contact you report them to the OFT as they may be in breach of their licence.

If you can't be bothered then just let the ombudsman sort it ;)

jackie1963

Nov 18, 2013
i would like to thank you soo much for putting my mind at rest. thanks soo much and btw i rang the debt collector and quoted the ombudmans ref number :)
also the solicitor :p

jackie1963

Nov 18, 2013
Just an update on the talk talk saga, i have been contacted again, via my mobile, from the CEO OF TALK TALK, trying to talk to me regarding the talk talk saga, but i do not wish to talk to them, i am being harrassed by this man now and he rings me nearly every day, what can i do, when i spoke to him yesterday, he did not have any real answers and did not address the issue of them paying back the money to me, but more of how i used the direct inquiries route and racked up an enormous bill, they said that it is not their duty to flag up high usage on an account, but not really knowing how a person would be able to pay this bill, i do admit that i used this service and i was ill at the time, which is what i explained to them, but they dont seem to understand that and they want their money, he was not giving me any indication of why i was now charged in excess of a thousand pounds, when the original bill was in excess of three hundred pounds.
im am fed up with the whole thing and wish it would go away. i rang the solicitors that talk talk have employed to put even more frighteners on us and they said that the account had been put on hold for three weeks, they did not even want the ombudsman ref number. ive covered all bases, but i feel that its not going away.
something should be done about these companies who charge extortionate prices and not caring about the consequences. I explained that their service was rubbish and the service kept going down that is the reason for my calling them in the first place, but they do not accept this as a reason.
:confused:
stressed jackie x:mad::(

jackie1963

Nov 18, 2013
an up date on talk talk ive heard today from the ombudsman and they are saying that talk talk hold all the cards, and that I have to pay up the money which has now increased to a thousand pounds, from three hundred pounds, they are saying that they have copies of the transcripts of our calls. but the transcript that tells them that they gave me the money back into my account as a good will gesture is missing, I think they have doctored the transcript to make themselves look good. I feel that they have taken out that part of the conversation. I explained this to the ombudsman and she said I can only go by the evidence that I have in front of me. I said that evidence is not true, I said how come the money got back into my account??
im at my wits end with this matter I don't know what else to do, I cant afford a thousand pounds. CAN ANYONE HELP ME WITH THIS PLEASE X
Jackie henderson

Sammy80

Mar 26, 2014
Jackie this is awful...I've had my fair share of problems with Talk Talk they are absolutely useless but it all seems minor compared to what you're having to put up with. Any recent news?

LondonGirl

Mar 21, 2014
London
www.simply-wrong.com
Is this issue still ongoing? I have succeeded in stopping Talk Talk canvassing our street now as I simply follow them down the road and when anyone answers the door, I tell them to avoid Talk Talk like the plague as they're totally useless. After a few times of doing this they have stopped coming to our street. Extreme I know, but they cut me off 4 times after paying my bill and were one of the most useless companies I have ever dealt with.

For the OP, you state clearly you were suffering (and possibly are still suffering?) from a mental health issue. I have dealt with a lot of people with MH issues, as depending on its severity it can turn one of their strong cards into a real achilles heel.

It would be interesting to know where things are with this one.

RussellTruran

Oct 24, 2014
Hi Jackie

I'm a journalist looking into a possible story about the effect of cuts on Trading Standards departments across the country and would be interested to hear about your specific dealings with them. You can contact me on therusselltruranshow at hotmail dot com.

Thanks,
Russell

ls98197

Mar 31, 2015
Re: talk talk yet another issue!!

Hi i was wondering if anyone can help please-

I have recently (December 2014) renewed my contract for a further 18 months with Talk Talk to get cheaper deals etc. Since this I am now moving home and I booked in my homemove for ending at current property on 31/3/15 and being installed on 2/4/15 - this then got changed to the 9/4/15 but the cutting off date remained the same even though I tried to change it as I need my service for my work. after another hour and 40 minute conversation I was totally unhappy with the response and I am disgusted at the appaling level of 'custore service' which I have received and it is now logged as a complaint. following the conversation I then hit google for the answer. i think I may have found a get out clause and was therefore looking for advice- I have confirmed with Talk Talk that my current contrat at my current address is currently inactive and had an end date of 7/7/16 - BUT when the new services are installed on 9th April - this will commence a BRAND NEW 18 month contract from this date- therfore reinstating fresh terms and conditions- therefore, seeing as all of this was booked over the phone or online, does this mean that I am covered under the consumer credit act and can cancel the 'new contract' within my 10 day cooling off period which it clearly states in the terms and conditions of the contract- no where does it say this does not apply when it is a home move?

any advice greatly received

Many thanks