Tesco home delivery customers left fuming over computer glitch

Tony

What Consumer Founder
Apr 7, 2008
Bolton
Guardian Consumer Affairs
Shoppers vent on social media after IT meltdown affects up to 10% of orders Thousands of Tesco customers have had online orders cancelled after a computer glitch. Related: Tesco says price rises are last resort as UK growth hits seven-year high Argh @Tesco what are you up to? 2nd grocery shop...
Tesco home delivery customers left fuming over computer glitch (external link to Guardian Consumer Affairs)

Senseiandrew

Jun 7, 2020
I received the below sms from Tesco Home Deliveries yesterday at 8.34pm for delivery slot 8pm to 9pm. I have pre-existing medical conditions that mean I cannot visit a store to click and collect or shop in store. After calling Tesco customer services to complain and explain my situation I was told that it was me that cancelled the order on the telephone at the same time as receiving the sms, (coincidentally??). So not only am I without food for me and my family for a week. I am also a liar as far as Tesco are concerned. I am now waiting for a call back from Tesco for a resolution but have lost all faith in their ability to manage their logistics and lost all faith in their customer care.

‘We are extremely sorry to let you know that we will be unable to deliver your order that's due today.
We would like to give you the option to collect from the Click & Collect at your store, Hemsworth Superstore, between 19:00 and 21:00.
Alternatively, you can reschedule your order by going to your My Orders at http://www.tesco.com/groceries , choose a suitable delivery slot, add all of your items to your basket and checkout your new order. If you choose this option we will process a full refund for today's order, this can take up to 5 working days to clear.
Apologies for any inconvenience this may cause, we will email you with a £10 eCoupon for you to redeem against a future order’

Has anyone had any similar experiences?