Travel insurance; praise where praise is due

Sam Weller

Aug 8, 2013
Last year I took out a Premium travel insurance policy through the Post Office. The policy is run by Ageas Insurance, of Eastleigh, Hampshire. This year I booked a major holiday for myself and my wife, and had paid out substantial sums for the deposit and flights. In June my business partner was taken seriously ill, and I had to cancel the planned trip. I therefore claimed just over £7K from Ageas. A couple of simple forms needed completion, I got a letter from my partner's doctor, and almost by return the £7K landed in my bank account. Insurance companies generally get a bad press, but I thought this excellent service deserved recognition.

ALewis

Nov 23, 2010
South Wales
Thanks for sharing this Sam, that's great news and also shows that insurance companies can actually do their job!
Thanks for your post.
Adam

LJ1

Jan 22, 2014
Top marks to them for that, many other insurance companies do get a bad press (often for good reason!) but it's great to hear than some are doing a good job! May well have to look at going with them! (especially after they sponsor the Rose Bowl) :)

gracetaylor

Jun 10, 2013
Thanks for the tip. I've been offered insurance from the Post Office before but was a bit dubious - I'll definitely consider now!