Unfinished Boiler and Radiators Installation

Mark Cook

Mar 12, 2020
Hello, my elderly father has had some issues with the men that have installed his central heating system, it has not been fully completed and unfortunately he has paid them cash in full with no receipt or quotation.

He has requested that they attend and complete installing the fire as agreed, but they have said that any return visit is now an extra.

Checking through his text messages, I can see from the thread that he has messages showing they have carried out the work, and proof of the value that he has paid them in cash.

My father does suffer from health issues and does get confusion stemming from a brain tumour, so is vulnerable, he took their word when they said they would return to install a fire as agreed, and paid them the full value in cash when they asked for it.

Looking into this now for him to try to resolve the issue and get the job completed, from what I can tell, one of the men is a self employed plumber and the other works for a plumber. As there is no paperwork, I am assuming that the men are treating the work as a "cash in the hand" job, which is not ideal.

Can anyone clarify if we have any leg to stand on, is there anyone that can assist with getting the works completed or do we just need contact a reputable plumber and pay him to complete the works?