Wood floor from floors to go

mattmillard

Dec 22, 2009
hello

I recently purchased an engineered wood floor from floors to go and was told at the time of purchase that the floor, once laid, would not need any treatment like oiling or any other but in cleaning the floor to use a damp cloth and do not saturate the floor. After the floor was laid I wiped the floor, as they told me, with a damp cloth to remove any dirt that was present, i even dried it straight away with a dry cloth as I didn't want to risk any damage as it cost a lot of money. A few days after it was laid I noticed some white patches appearing and the knots in the wood, which some have been filled with a type of filler, was beginning to disintergrate. When I contacted the store they told me that i would need to re oil the floor, this after being told I wouldn't have to oil the floor for at least a year but they couldn't understand the filler coming out. The manager came out to look at the floor and he said it was ok and the holes gave the floor character but took a photo and said he would contact the supplier, Go Natural Wood I believe. I was then told the managing director was going to come out and look at the floor to assess what is going on. I am still waiting for him to contact me so I decided to goto their website and ask them, under a different name, if the filled knots in the particular floor would disintergrate. They promptly came back to me and asked what area i was thinking about buying the floor from so i told them and they then asked me what shop, i dont see what relevance this has so i told them that and they then told me that the filler should be permanent but this can change due to the customers treatment of the floor. I am now extremely worried that when the person comes and sees the floor he is going to say it is my fault and they cannot do anything to help.

All I would like to know is what I could do if he says this. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Matt

goddessg

May 9, 2010
Dreadful, dreadful company Floor-2-go
Floor-2-go robbed me for 900 pounds and I am still chasing them for my money or my goods..please if you have been also a victim of Flooor-to-go contact me.

goddessg

May 9, 2010
I am one of so many victims of FLOOR-2-GO' deception. They get people's money with false promises and once they got their hand on money they never bother to provide what they promised. A business based on deception lies and craft of conmen. they got 900pounds of my hard earned money and they never provided my goods just noticed of I was one of so many others..No goods No refund. Shockingly they are allowed to trade they are bunch of theives. Please contact me if you are also one their many victims I am planning to luanch a class action against them. They should be stopped robbing people! just email me:

Ninaf34

May 2, 2011
Floors to Go Cardiff have the worst customer service I believe I have come across. I warn anyone purchasing from Floors to Go generally to maybe rethink and purchase from maybe B&Q etc. You may pay a little more but the whole Floors to Go thing is a scam. You have piece of mind when one purchases from B&Q etc. If you have any problem whatsoever, Floors to Go are not interested and overall have kept me hanging around for several hours over the last few weeks. I have better things to do than waste time in the store. The Manager at the Cardiff store is extremely patronising and speaks to customers like they are 3 years old. I don't know if he is savvy to his behaviour, but that is not customer service. It is embarrassing. I believe he has enjoyed fobbing me off every time I have gone in to collect my products.
I am currently pursuing a claim under section 75 against them, as I have not received my goods. They have taken £1400 from me and continuously have a problem with their till AND ordering system!!! They are able to take your money without a problem.
Do not be MISLEAD into their TV presence and tacky roadside advertising, Floors to Go should be relabled !!:mad:

Janine

Jun 1, 2016
Scammers

scammed by floors to go paul
#95 27th May 16, 7:09 PM
I dont know if anyone can advise me but its worth a try. My daughter bought a flat in sheffield a couple of months ago, the carpet was dirty and ripped so she decided on wood flooring. We went into floors to go sheffield. We knew we wouldn't be able to afford the real wood so we were looking at laminate. A few minutes after being in the store a guy called Paul came up to us, we were asking about the different prices between the real wood and the laminate just in case there was an offer. Of course there was an offer Paul explained just today, we are offer 20% on the wood flooring. We went to the desk and gave Paul the measurements for the flat. It worked out we needed 40sqm of flooring, we asked for a price for fitting. So he said for the flooring and fitting it will cost £1400.00. We agreed on the price and paid in full. Two days later Paul rang and said the company had been taken over and the flooring will be delayed a couple of weeks. The Fitter finally came and took his own measurements we received another phone call from Paul saying we had measured up wrong and will need more flooring at a cost of £350 so we paid the extra 350. A couple of days later the fitter rang my daughter and said he would be able to lay the flooring on Saturday which she agreed.
OMG would you believe what the fitter said next: "The Price of fitting is £700" She phoned me straight away in tears as Paul had given us the price including fitting. I phone the store right away and a sales assistant called Scott explained no the price you paid did not include fitting. I kept telling him that Paul said the fitting was included in the price. We should have looked at the invoice closer, it just had a load of scribble and numbers written on it. I then explained we could not afford 700 for fitting and would like a refund. Scott said we were not entitled to a refund as the company has now been taken over. So the wood flooring is now sat in floors 2 go waiting for my daughter to pick it up. Just dont know what to do we've been lied to and my daughter is so upset. What would anyone do in this situation. Not sure if to try and get a refund using chargeback, if any can advise me i'd be so grateful.
Thanks