Can I get my money back

skyhawk

Jun 27, 2014
Hi

Can anyone advise me, I’ve ordered a spare part for my car through bestpartstore.co.uk, they are based in Germany although they have a UK website.

I ordered the parts on the 18th June and on their website it states ready to be dispatched within 24 hours.

I contacted them by e-mail on the 20th June to ask a question about the part, but I didn’t say I’d already placed the order with them.
They responded to my e-mail answering my question and also stating the item is available and in stock.

I sent them a further e-mail on the 24th June as I had not received the part or at least notification that it had been dispatched and was told they had to order it from the manufacturer, clearly this item is not in stock even through their website states it is further more the site still continues to say ready for dispatch in 24 hours.

I have since read on a review forum, not to do business with this company as other people have had various problems with them.

The price of the item is in excess of £100 and was bought through PayPal using my credit card as I don’t keep a float of money in my PayPal account.

If I wish to get a refund can I do it by Charge Back through my credit card company or will I have to do it through PayPal.
I believe PayPal have over restrictive time limits to complete a claim also they don’t cover you by section 75 of the Consumer Credit Act, what a time to find out!

Any advice on which would be the best way to go about getting my money back would be much appreciated.

Skyhawk