Caravan fridge

Jan 30, 2011
I've taken a caravan dealer to court. I bought a new caravan which is on a seasonal pitch in a caravan park. It's stored there during the winter. We go there most weekends in summer. The fridge broke down before it was a year old. The dealer we bought it from wanted us to bring it to their workshop to have it fixed. We don't have a tow bar and it would have cost us too much to hire a van and take out insurance to tow it. When we told them this they told us to contact the manufacturer. They were not willing to send someone out to fix it. It cost us £50 call out charge for a mobile engineer although the repair itself was done under guarantee. I asked the dealer to refund the £50. They refused, so I took out a small claim action against them. I believe that under the Sale of Goods Act, a fridge should last for more than a year,so the fridge was not of satisfactory quality as it was not durable therefore it should have been repaired "without additional cost and without significant inconvenience" to me. The company say that the burden of proof is with me to prove that the fridge was faulty when I bought the caravan. I think that any reasonable person would agree that a fridge should last for more than a year. In any case, the fact that it was repaired under guarantee proves that it was faulty. We'll see what the sheriff says. I've been to the initial hearing but the proof hearing is next month.I'm obviously doing this as a matter of principle rather than for the money! It would help if I could find documentation stating how long a caravan fridge should last. Can anyone help?

Emultulanit

Feb 4, 2011
USA
homessolarenergy.weebly.com
Hi I'm into solar energy

Just Surfing and found your interesting website whatconsumer co uk, Thought I'd say hi yah do any of you guys have experience using homesolarenergy livejournal com] photovoltaic panels I would like to make my next project solar power generation