Faulty tent

alanp

Aug 28, 2013
I’ve brought a new tent design for 2013 in June( £1325.00 paid)a filey air 6 beam tent that has no poles pumps up in minutes we have used it twice and have problems with air leaks and had to cut the august bank holiday short because the tent would not stay up took it back to camping world and wanted a refund we have only had the tent 7 weeks and was told they would repair it reused the repair they then said it will take 10 -14 days to look at it and give me a decision what are my rights any feedback will much appreciated this was a small fortune to me buy this tent and feel totally fob off with nowhere to go

alanp

Aug 28, 2013
Phoned camping world today and was told they have 21 days to inspect the tent and make a decision can they make me wait that long

ALewis

Nov 23, 2010
South Wales
Well, 21 days is a bit unreasonable. Tell them that it would be of significant inconvenience to you to wait such a time and suggest 10 days max.

There's no legal time frames provided for inspections because it would depend on the complexity of the goods.

You never know, it may be 3 days :)

Adam

Andrewlwbarnes

Jul 13, 2014
Hi Alanp,

I am in exactly this situation. I returned the tent after one good camp and one awful. What was the resolution in your case?
I have lost faith in the air tent system based on this experience and would like a refund or replacement with poles.
The retailer claims he can only repair as these are out of stock

Thanks

Andy