help please

rachhm

Apr 5, 2014
I wonder if anyone can help please
I recently sold an exercise pole privately. I know the product was in full working order but told the buyer if they had any problems they could get their money back.
She has now contacted me claiming that she cannot move one of the poles and it appears to be cross threaded and wants her money back.
I know this was not the case when she purchased it and think she has tried to put it up on her own and damaged it.
What can I do about this?
Was I wrong to offer a refund?
Thanks

rachhm

Apr 5, 2014
Just xpole xpert for sale some minor wear and tear. She looked at the item and checked it before hand but I stupidly was honest and said that it hadn't been used for 6 months and if any parts didn't work she could have her money back. She had given me the part that wasn't working for me to look at and it is working fine, so think that she just doesn't know what she is doing.
Cheers

rachhm

Apr 5, 2014
This is the thing, I showed her it working when she initially brought it. When she said it was cross threaded I asked her to let me see it and turns out it had just been tightened up and needed some force to get it undone, so again I showed her how to work it. So I know that with me it is working fine and demonstrated this to her but she is still claiming it's not working and wants her money back.

LondonGirl

Mar 21, 2014
London
www.simply-wrong.com
I cannot see any reason why you should provide a refund if the item is working properly and is as you described it in the advert.

However, your wording in your first post states you said if they had 'any problems' they could return the goods for a refund. They obviously have problems, even if you don't.

Have you spent time trying to teach them to use it correctly so they are happy with their ability to set it up correctly? If not, perhaps this is something to consider. Beyond this, it is very much a matter for your conscience of what you believe to be right or wrong given the wording in your advertisement. :)