Phones4u miss sold me but ignore my request.

Wardy22

Jun 13, 2010
Manchester
My partners phone and also mine were due for renewal so we popped down to our local phones4u store on the 4th of June.

I have been waiting for the new I PHONE 4 which rumor from every where was saying June July time.

When I asked in store they said it was not ready in the states and so it will not be out until next year so why don't I go for the 3g s and by the time my contract is up again it will be out.

4 days later the IPHONE 4 press release came along saying it was out the 24th of June. How angry could I be that both the sales guys in store squeezing me to get the 3g s!

I went back to the store and explained the circumstances and that I only wanted my phoned changed and not my wife's. the store refused and they even put me onto what they said was head office (but she said she was customer services) and told me it was down to me as they did not know themselves until the 8th.

A few things come to mind, surely they would have know it was due at some point soon not next year!

They give cash back for my wife's old phone which is the first gen i phone but said they were not supposed to it anymore so they do not put it on the paperwork.

My phone number is not the one I selected and signed for on my contract,

The paperwork says 24 month contract but I got an 18 month (yes i know i put a signature but at time the sales guys was sweet talking his way through)

Phones4u said I signed for airtime only, the phone number does not matter

Finally what he asked was for me to take the insurance and cancel next day so he could at least get the sale, he said that most customers had no problem with doing it but I still refused.

Any suggestions from anyone