Our Home

numberone

May 21, 2013
Dear Dom,

I am writing out of desperation with the situation my husband and I are in. Please can you help.

We reported subsidence to our insurance company "Prudential" in 2005. Since then it has done everything to just get their builders to slap over quick repairs. However, as the damage to our home (particularly inside of our home) was increasing, my husband and I educated ourselves and made the insurance company do the right thing.

Two Loss adjusters engaged by Prudential, writing to the chief executive at Prudential, referral to the Ombudsman when we were allowed to have a structural engineer to progress further, again referral to the Ombudsman and writing to the chief executive at Prudential, we are stuck in a temporary accommodation with the majority of our stuff in storage.

In the 7 and 1/2 years we have to wait to come to an agreement, we were forced to remove two very beautiful Oak tress from our back garden. The arboculturist guaranteed that there would not be any heave from this but as we had feared the whole of the back of our house heaved.

Last September the reinstatement schedule was agreed for part underpinning and all internal structural repairs. We moved out of our house and took this opportunity to have some of the work we have wanted to do for all these years while the claim was ongoing and we were not allowed to do.

The second loss adjuster company is called Infront Innovation and they have made our life a hell by questioning every repair every damage and undercutting our builder's cost for genuine repairs that are part of the reinstatement e.g. not paying for a replacement kitchen and the floor that had to be removed to make that part of the building structurally sound.

We were forced to refer the matter to the Ombudsman again on 29 March; we also followed the procedure of referring the matter to the chief executive at Prudential whose department is looking into the matter until now with no outcome. The Ombudsman has also contacted Prudential and asked that they resolve the matter.

If we have not had a satisfactory response withing 8 weeks then we have to inform the Ombudsman and the 8 weeks deadline is the end of May. Meanwhile, we are in a temporary accommodation that the insurance has paid for until the end of May with the rental for June due on the 1st.

Nobody is responding to our emails or communication at the moment.

ALewis

Nov 23, 2010
South Wales
Hi Numberone,
You may be saddened to know that there is nobody here by the name of Dom, but regardless of which, after reading your post you seem to be carrying out all the correct procedures and therefore there is very little added advice we can provide.

If you are hoping to get into contact with Dominic Littlewood for consideration to appear on TV, you'd be best getting in touch with the programme producers etc.

Adam