StilHaus Kitchens Warringtom

Lamped12

Jun 4, 2014
Stilhaus Kitchens, ‘The Old Emmanuel Church’ Bold street, Warrington WA1 1DE Run by Martin Sersen along with Kitchen designs Lancashire and many others

I ordered my kitchen from StilHaus Kitchens Warrington and had their recommended fitters. I had read nothing but good reviews and sincerely hoped I would be able to add to them. This is how they treated me. Response to having a design appointment was speedy. Design gentleman Will P sold me a Millennium Beech kitchen of top quality with silver galaxy granite splash backs and worktops to run full lengths of my units no joins. They do not do splash backs only up stands and they do not do silver they only do gold galaxy. They only do just over 2 metres so anything more you have cuts/joins in. I was told the installation would take 3 days I am now into week 6 with no functioning kitchen. The kitchen comes flat packed, they tell you that you don’t have to pay until the kitchen is delivered however there is no possible way of you checking all the parts and pieces prior to handing over your money. They only deal in cash. The carcasses will come in white with a purple tint unless you ask for beech coloured again apparently a misunderstanding with the design expert when I stated I wanted a beech kitchen.
WEEK 1
Delivery Monday 24th March 2014, fitters arrived Tuesday 25th stayed an hour found bits missing and left because they didn’t want to leave me without a kitchen. Fitters returned Friday 28th March ripped out old kitchen removed sink disconnected taps, fitted base units. When the fitters opened the door packages they found the doors were of a substandard quality with marks under the finished surface. I refused to accept these doors and they were exchanged however this led to a further delay. The advice of the fitters was not to go for beech slab door as they were most probably all the same and on their advice I opted for a gloss white.
WEEK 2
On inspecting the kitchen that had been installed so far I was not very happy with the work. Several of the cupboards had been split were they had been screwed together. They had cut my metal extractor leaving jagged edges showing. They had fitted the wall units so it left an inch of wall between the cupboard and the stainless steel back splash. Plinths in places did not fit to the floor and one was fitted leaving the edge of the tile exposed. The wall cupboards on the left had been unevenly fitted. However the fitters were not finished so I wrote a snag list and took photos for their return. No sign of fitters waiting for new doors.
WEEK 3
Granite fitted Tuesday 8th April and it was only when they arrived to fit I was informed they do not do the silver galaxy and only do gold. For some reason they tried to talk me out of the sink I had picked and offered me a square Belfast type one, perhaps because it’s easier to cut. New doors arrived Thursday 10th April, but no fitters, into week 4 still no functioning kitchen, having to get water from upstairs. Two doors still missing which fitters have said they will pick up. I questioned regarding a refund as I did not have granite up stands was told to withhold £180 however later when questioned about a refund for not fitting the up stands this has just been ignored.
WEEK 4
Thursday 17th April fitters came and reconnected my water and fitted some of the cupboard doors. They found one of the larder units to be totally blown and ran out of hinges, left saying they would return at some point. I pointed out all the faults I had found and they blamed the splitting of the cupboards on the substandard quality. The cooker hood they took down put in a piece of wood put it back and used some filler still a 2cm gap and an eyesore. The uneven gaps they say that they were only going of the plan. Nowhere on the plan did it show to leave uneven spacing of the cupboards just lack of thought and planning by them. Didn’t think things could get any worse, last straw with the fitters they did not check that the outlet was connected properly so my store room was flooded. I have spent my bank holiday weekend clearing up the water and trying to salvage things. One of the doors the fitters brought has a chip in so have reordered. Wednesday 23rd April waited all morning for delivery of larder unit and door, phone call at 1pm to say hadn’t gone on the van would phone back in 1 minute with a delivery day, unbelievable incompetents. No phone call back I phoned them at 16.00hrs usual rigmarole of being put on hold and then being cut off. Finally phone call back will deliver Monday 28th April, unbelievable.
WEEK 5
Absolute idiots, Monday 28th April waited till 20.24 hours for delivery only to find they have delivered a beech door and beech larder unit when my kitchen is white will they ever get anything right. Email sent, response “We are dealing with this” no apology. Tuesday 29th APRIL phone call to say will be delivered Thursday 1st MAY 2014. Phone call 11.30 Thursday 1st MAY “apologies won’t be delivered today not in your area, will be tomorrow now”........ABSOLUTELY UNBELIEVEABLE. I asked customer services if the driver would phone me first thing to give me an idea of time of delivery she said they would. Friday 2nd May surprise surprise no phone call. Phone call at 14.50 hours to say they would be 35 minutes. 15.17 delivery arrived DO NOT BELIEVE THIS FIRM have sent a white larder unit and a BEECH DOOR. Spoke to Toni customer complaints they will try and get door out one day next week. She would phone me to let, me know when this would be.
WEEK 6
Tuesday 6th April ....No surprise no phone call
Wednesday 7th April courier delivers door just as well I was in.
I am now getting local fitters to finish the job. Customer service is appalling the most unhelpful, rude and unenthusiastic people I have ever spoken to (of course that is when you finally get through). Becky the complaints supervisor does not listen to you and constantly talks over you, very rude. According to her an upstand is the same as a splashback. She tells you what the design expert said to you even though she wasn’t present. I have sent numerous emails and the only response to them is they have been passed on or will be dealt with shortly I am still waiting for a response. The design expert is quite clearly not an expert as he does not know what he is selling or what the company actually can supply and neither do the showroom sales assistants or is it that they just don’t care as long as they get your order they will tell and sell you anything knowing they can’t even supply it. The fitters recommended by them turned aggressive and started shouting at me when I wanted to know when I could expect them to finish understandable in a way because the products being supplied are substandard and they are on the frontline getting it in the neck off the customers. However I also found the work they did do very unsatisfactory. They blame the company and the company blames them for delays and shoddy work is blamed on the substandard kitchen being supplied. I paid just over £5000 in total and have ended up with a totally different kitchen than the one I ordered and paid for. I ordered a millennium beech kitchen with silver galaxy granite worktops and splashbacks with cup handles and a chrome tap with black head. I have ended up with a white kitchen with white gloss doors. Galaxy gold granite with joins, no splashback, chrome twist handles, and a chrome shower type tap which the fitters refused to fit because they say 99% of them leak. The only part of the kitchen that I ordered and got was the sink, everything else I have had to compromise on even down to the handles and tap. Handles and taps apparently are free so if they haven’t got the ones you have picked tough.
WEEK 8
18th May finally had my kitchen completed by new fitters. I have had to purchase missing hinges and pay £800 more to have the kitchen re fitted. They had to remove all wall units and refit them. On fitting the larder doors they found them to be warped. Every piece of pelmet and lighting rail was substandard and marked.

trickygj

May 31, 2010
Cheshire
www.richardgjohnson.co.uk
Sounds pretty horrific! Problem is it seems you have agreed to the changes and therefore would have little chance of making a claim. Personally I wouldn't have agreed to the changes and asked them for a refund. If the contract was clear what you ordered, they were in breach. I would however claim the cost of getting your own fitters to finish the work. Only dealing in cash doesn't sound good neither!

deeclo

Aug 3, 2014
still haus rogues! deliver alot of rubbish damaged mismatched bits missing. a pile of junk! customer service is rude unhelpful patronising and are not fit to be dealing with the public.AVOID BUYING FROM THEM AT ALL COSTS. GOOGLE THE ALLEGED OWNERS NAME MARTIN SERSEN AND YOU WILL SOON FIND OUT HE GOES BY MANY OTHER VERY WELL KNOWN ALIASES. filing in court but the company cant even agree on who the managing director is and where to send any correspondence!. ONE BIG CON WHO TRADE UNDER MANY OTHER COMPANY NAMES

fintycar

Aug 19, 2014
Hmm, sounds to me like your problem is with your fitters, not the kitchen company. You made a complaint about your doors and they changed them ALL? FOR A DIFFERENT PRODUCT?? ...and then made several other deliveries? doesn't sound much like the kitchen company is a fly-by-night set-up. On the other hand, any fitters who split cupboards with screws, fit cupboards several inches away from the walls and don't turn up several times when they have promised, well...?? it sounds to me like they are blaming the kitchen company for their own shortcomings. Just as a matter of interest, exactly how many deliveries, in total, did this "bad company" send? It seems to me that the kitchen supplier can't be too bad. The cost to the company of your deliveries must be eating into any profit that they have made from you, so Yep, I would definitely be looking more closely at your fitters

ivory

Oct 8, 2014
Stilhaus are the only company in the uk to offer a pay after you are happy service.Stilhaus are officially the best value kitchen company in the world.

ivory

Oct 8, 2014
All Stilhaus cabinets come with solid back panels unlike, B&Q, Ikea, Homebase, Etc who put a hardboard back on all cabinets that is four times thinner than the Stilhaus back panel.

ivory

Oct 8, 2014
Stilhaus are the only company in the world to offer a life time guarantee on all of its cabinets.
All Stilhaus wall units come with metal hanging brackets unlike the plastic ones offered by other companies.

ivory

Oct 8, 2014
Stilhaus will beat any written quote by 50% . Stilhaus are the only kitchen company on the net to receive zero customer complaints.
Competitors launch campaign to prevent Stilhaus from selling to cheap.

ivory

Oct 8, 2014
Sid Umpley, Rob Robson, Dawn Grant who are joint owners of Speedy Kitchens in Stoke have joined up to launch a hate campaign against Stilhaus due to a dramatic fall in sales

ivory

Oct 8, 2014
Stilhaus are the only kitchen company in the world to take order without the need for a deposit unlike any other kitchen company in the world. This is a truly unique service only offered by Stilhaus.

ivory

Oct 8, 2014
All Stilhaus cabinets are edged with shock absorbant PVC eding unlike the paper edging offered by B&Q , Ijea, Homebase, Howdens etc. this will last up to ten times longer and is one if the reasons why Stilhaus can offer a life time guarantee on all cabinets.

ivory

Oct 8, 2014
Stilhaus cabinets are edged on all four sides and there is no raw chipboard exposed on any component unlike all other kitchen companies. This guarantees against moisture entering the structure and is another reason why Stilhaus are the only company to offer a life time guarantee on all cabinets.

ivory

Oct 8, 2014
Stilhaus customer services has been voted by its customers as being the best in the Uk.
We at Stilhaus are very proud of the fact that there are no in unresolved customer complaints anywhere in the Internet*

ivory

Oct 8, 2014
Customers of Stilhaus have reported saving up to £16,000 on a £2500 kitchen including fitting
Stilhaus is the UK's fastest growing kitchen company

ivory

Oct 8, 2014
At Stilhaus we will not tolerate high pressure sales unlike most other kitchen sales companies
Stilhaus offers a free design and plan service with zero pressure sales. Any sales person that is reported for such is instantly suspended .

ivory

Oct 8, 2014
Stlihaus is the only company in the world that can sell full lengths of solid granite worktops for less than other kitchen companies charge for laminate worktops*

ivory

Oct 8, 2014
Stilhaus fitting service is a pay after you are happy service. If not 100% happy then pay nothing
Stilhaus kitchen quality is better than any other national kitchen company and we guarantee this.

ivory

Oct 8, 2014
The customer service offered by Stilhaus is second to none.
Stilhaus are the only company in the uk to offer a pay after you are happy service.

ivory

Oct 8, 2014
Stilhaus are officially the best value kitchen company in the world.
Stilhaus are the only company in the world to offer a life time guarantee on all of its cabinets.

ivory

Oct 8, 2014
All Stilhaus cabinets come with solid back panels unlike, B&Q, Ikea, Homebase, Etc who put a hardboard back on all cabinets that is four times thinner than the Stilhaus back panel.