Help!! Advice needed!! What are my rights?

dabello74

Jan 10, 2009
I purchased a bed for my son and had the delivery in December 08. I had paid for a single bed. On delivery i got the bed I wanted but in addition to the order they had also sent a guest bed that canfitted underneath to the single bed. I had phoned the company and explained that I wanted them to collect the additional parts up. They told me that cannot til new year. I asked for packaging for it tobe wrapped up and they sent this to me.

I explained that i was not happy storing the additionalbed as it is a great inconvenience over the xmas period. I asked them that if any damage comes to the bed whilst in my possesion i am not liable and i want writtenconfirmation of this and also whenthey likely to pick the bed up. I havehad no communication with the company since and they have not arranged collection as they originally said last week they would contact usandcollect. By Law what are my rights howlong do I hang onto the bed before it becomes my property??????????????????

dabello74

Jan 10, 2009
Many Thanks

Hi Tony

Many Thanks. I have not returned it yet. they toldme they would arrange pick up but they have not contacted us.

Is it 6 months if they dont collect within that timeits mine?

Thanks for thelink!!:)

Tony

What Consumer Founder
Apr 7, 2008
Bolton
Then it is 21 days, I would give them written notice that your duty of care will soon expire unless the goods are picked up. Do it on the phone and follow up with a letter.

Tony