Reading glasses

ma_anse

Aug 23, 2009
Hi guys,

Does anyone know what the 'reasonable' length of time a pair of glasses should last is?

As im about to go head to head with my optician and would like to know this first as i believe they are selling defective frames and are unwilling to repair or replace them.

Any help would be greatly appreciated..

Thanks.

mlewis09

Aug 15, 2009
Scunthorpe
www.facebook.com
I had a pair of glasses ... well the lenses really for two years, in that time I had three frames of the same design and colour, as the frames were 'not fit for purpose' - i only use my glasses for using the computer, so they live next to my laptop in their case, they are cleaned after use and put away ... all I had to do was say this, and they swapped the frames for me, when it came to getting new glasses and they said your prescription hasn't changed enough for new glasses I simply said that I need glasses not lenses ... didn't manage to get a discount, but get a pair of glasses that will be two years old in two months time and I've had no problem with them.

I guess it depends how old they are ... Take them back and talk to the optician staff, and explain that they are 'not fit for purpose', see what the opticians can do.